In February WHA will be perforiming 3D Mammography services at both our Dupont Rd. and Lutheran Campus offices!
3D Mammography is three dimensional which allows the radiologist’s to see breast tissue layer by layer.
For your convenience you can schedule your 3D Mammogram the same day as your annual exam.
3D Mammography is performed the same way as 2D Mammography. The compression and positioning are the same. The difference is at one point an image will be taken where the machine will gently swing side to side over the head. More than 200 clinical studies have shown that by using this technology, doctors are able to screen for breast cancer with greater accuracy.
The benefits of using 3D are as follows:
- 3D finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.
- The rate of call backs is 40% less.
- The unit is FDA approved. Superior for women with dense breasts.
- Truly a Better Mammogram for all women!
Reasons to Get Screened
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- 8 out of 9 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history
***But with early detection, the five-year survival rate is almost 100%!